There are several things to keep in mind for tree care during both the warm and cold seasons in Toronto.
Trees are vital for providing the clean air we breathe, shade in the heat of winter, beauty on our landscape, and much more. When it comes to tree care around your home or business, leaving your trees unattended can make your landscape look unkempt and poorly maintained. There are several things to keep in mind for tree care during both the warm and cold seasons in Toronto, Ontario.
Warm Season – While we typically plant trees and collect fruit during the warm season, there are several tree care actions you can take to protect your trees:
- If you have recently planted new trees, providing them with plenty of water will help them produce leaves, grow to their full height and become less susceptible to insects and pests.
- Pruning your trees also helps to keep both young and full-grown trees in their best condition, so they are more disease-resistant and likely to produce better foliage.
- After pruning or storm damage, sealing areas where tree limbs have been removed will keep your trees disease-free.
Cold Season – There are a number of issues you may experience during the cold season in which proper tree care is critical, such as:
- Cold stress can cause multiple problems for your trees, so make sure to protect new plantings by wrapping them to protect their foliage. Established trees are more likely to be able to recover on their own.
- Frozen ground and windy conditions can contribute to your trees becoming dry and unable to absorb the water they need. Lay down mulch around the base of the tree to help alleviate this issue.
If you have questions about proper tree care for your home or business in Toronto, Ontario, our professional arborist at Hudson Tree Services is here to help! Call today for more information!