Here at Hudson Tree Services, we want to help people enjoy their trees for years and generations to come! Taking care of your trees is important if you want them to be around for a long time, and we have some great steps that will ensure healthy trees for you now and in the future. Consider the following:
- Consult with a professional. Working with a professional will ensure better health for your trees. Not only can we help with giving your trees the best start, but we can also give careful care to mature trees.
- Prune with care. Pruning your trees will give them a strong and healthy shape, but it must be done with care. If you aren’t sure about pruning, be sure to work with one of our experts for the health of your trees.
- Mulch regularly. Mulch helps prevent evaporation and keeps the soil moist for the roots of your tree. Replace or replenish mulch at least every two years for the best results.
- Ensure your trees get enough water. Your soil type can affect water retention for your trees. Make sure that your trees, especially young and newly planted trees, are getting enough water.
- Let them grow with a little resistance. Trees need a little support when they are newly planted, but they need resistance to grow stronger. After a few months, remove wires, ties, stakes and other support systems.
- Give your trees a good start. Start your trees off right by examining the soil, fertilizing the area, and ensuring they get enough water. Consulting with an expert can ensure your trees get the best possible start.
- Choose a quality fertilizer. Fertilizer isn’t usually needed for healthy, mature trees, but can be beneficial for newly planted trees. If you would like to consider fertilizer, choose carefully with the advice and guidance of an arborist.
- Give your trees the attention they deserve. Take care of your trees by giving them proper attention. Monitoring trees for changes in leaves, bark or roots along with maintenance can extend the life of your trees.
If you have further questions about caring for your trees, we would love to be of assistance. For more information, please contact us today.