Name: Dion Hudson
Position: Owner, estimator, climber
- Hydro One Networks Inc. – Electrical forester/journeyperson and forest technician (2009-2013)
- Davey Tree Expert Company of Canada Ltd. – Climbing arborist, pesticide applicator, and sales representative from Aug 2002-Aug 2003, May 2004-Sept 2009
- Asplundh Canada ULC, Halifax N.S. Sept 2003 – May 2004 (hurricane Jaun)
- Forest fire fighting for Dept. of Natural Resources Nova Scotia and Ministry of Natural Resources Ontario
- Hydro One: 3 months in-house training program including arborist climbing and rigging techniques’ utility safety protocols, policy and procedures; and Ontario Industrial Vegetation Exterminator License.
- Davey Tree Expert: 1 month of Davey Tree Institute of Tree Science, Kent Ohio. EUSA (Utility training), Ontario Pesticide Exterminator license.
- 2006–2009 ISA ON-1065A
- Ontario Utility Arborist, MTCU Certified
- Humber College (Basic Arborist Apprentice Program)
- Sir Sandford Fleming College: Forestry Technician (97-99), GIS-Application Specialist (00-01)
- Ontario Ministry Chainsaw Operators Certificate
I began my life surrounded by forests from childhood, growing up in rural Nova Scotia, where forestry was a main industry. After high school, I attended forestry school at Sir Sandford Fleming College, where I never looked back from maintenance, sustainability and preservation of trees.
After 4 years of forest fire control, then moving to the GTA, urban forestry became my passion. We all loved climbing trees as younglings, but to hold that childhood passion as an adult is a dream come true. Being involved with larger corporations gave me the chance to work with all aspects of the industry, with municipal, utility, and mostly the private sector being my favourite. My single greatest learning experience was working through Hurricane Juan in Halifax in extreme conditions and feeling the great loss that the people of Halifax and surrounding areas endured with their trees.
I began the Hudson Tree Services journey in early spring 2012 and haven’t looked back. The private sector is where my heart lies. I believe that helping a customer and providing them with a professional, valuable, friendly service, and having them be completely satisfied is the only way to go. We love what we do, and we go through our day making sure safety and property value are first priorities. That being said, trees need the same respect, and that’s why we are here.